A popular park found in Saint Cloud, FL, Lakefront Park offers plenty of options for those looking to get outside and enjoy a bit of recreation. It's home to the Dan Terrell Memorial Point and also offers a marina and a fishing pier. Whether you want to get out on the lake or you just want to sit and relax, Lakefront Park in St. Cloud may be the perfect option.
Features of Lakefront Park
The park offers plenty of features and things to do for all ages. From the playground equipment for younger visitors to the park benches for those looking to sit and enjoy the view, there's something here for everybody. Park features and attractions include:
- Two-mile bike path
- Outdoor volleyball court
- Concession stand
- Sand beach
- Fishing pier
- Boat ramp
- BBQ grills
- Splash pad
- And more!
The Dan Tarrell Memorial Point is one of the most popular areas of the park with plenty of benches. It's a well-lit area with 12 boat tie-outs and some good areas for fishing.
Biking at Lakefront Park in St. Cloud
One of the most popular activities to enjoy in the park is biking. This very scenic park attracts several visitors and residents for biking throughout the year. It's home to a two-mile pathway offering views of Lake Tohopekaliga, which is the main focal point of Lakefront Park.
Along with the pathway within the park, those looking to bike throughout Central Florida will find Lakefront Park as a good starting point. You can start at the park and enjoy discovering other areas of St. Cloud including the historic antique district found on Pennsylvania and New York Avenues.
The two-mile trail within Lakefront Park is a pretty easy ride with plenty of park amenities to enjoy throughout. Stop at the beach, restaurants or playground as you bike along the path. The pathway can also be used for walking and there is an unpaved portion for walking that extends the length of the canal.
The Lakefront Park Pavilions
If you need to hold an event and you want to provide outdoor recreation options for those in attendance, Lakefront Park may be the right choice. The park offers pavilions for rent, which come at a specific rate for residents, businesses, and non-profits, along with another rate for non-residents.
You can rent the pavilions at Lakefront Park for the entire day (nine hours total) or for a block of four hours in the morning or afternoon. Choose from five different pavilions including:
- East Loop Pavilion - Includes 2 picnic tables, a charcoal grill, and a large grassy area with water views.
- Sleeping Tiger Pavilion - Includes 2 picnic tables, a charcoal grill, a beachfront location, and it's close to the playground and restrooms.
- East Lake Toho Pavilion - Includes 2 picnic tables, a charcoal grill, and the location is close to the playground, concession stand, and restrooms.
- Splash and Play Pavilion - Includes 2 picnic tables, a charcoal grill, a beachfront location, and a location close to the splash pad, playground, and restrooms.
- West Loop Pavilion - Includes 2 picnic tables, a charcoal grill, and a large grassy area with water views.
Whether you just visit the park to enjoy the views or you need to rent a pavilion, Lakefront Park in St. Cloud offers a great option.