Home › Central Florida › Orlando Metro › Seminole County › Seminole County Golf Courses & Clubs
Seminole County Golf Courses & Clubs
There are plenty of great golf options in Seminole County. When you're considering moving to this area of Central Florida, if you're a golfer, you'll want to know where the golf courses are found. Join a country club, play a round once in a while, hit the driving range or take a lesson or two in Seminole County.
Most of the golf courses found near Seminole County are private country clubs. You will need to join to enjoy these incredible courses. However, for the avid golfer, it will be well worth it. Even those just looking to golf occasionally, the country clubs offer much more than just golf.
Top Golf Courses in Seminole County
- Mayfair Country Club - This Semi-Private golf course located in Sanford features 1, 18 hole, par 72 course designed by unknown. The course s famous for hosting the PGA tournament that started Arnold Palmer's career. This historic club is one of the first golf courses in Florida and the challenging layout features water hazards on nine holes and bunkers strategically placed throughout.
- Timacuan Golf Club - This Private golf course located in Lake Mary features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Bobby Weed, Ron Garl. The course features front nine holes are situated on a rolling landscape, which is rare among golf courses in Florida. The back nine holes highlight the best aspects of Florida golf, meandering through scenic wetlands and Spanish moss-draped oak trees.
- Alaqua Country Club - This Private golf course located in Longwood features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Gary Player, Karl Litten. The course Alaqua Country Club was designed by golf legend Gary Player and opened in 1988. Player put his personal stamp on the private 18-hole golf course, with its elevated tees and other features that make it playable for his level of golfer as well as high handicappers.
- Country Club at Heathrow - This Private golf course located in Heathrow features 1, 18, par 71 course designed by Ron Garl. The course was opened in 1985 and was designed by a favorite Florida golf course architect, Ron Garl. The club is home to a driving range and golf school, tennis, swimming and dining facilities available only to members and their guests, or those who receive reciprocal play through their home club.
- Casselberry Golf Club - This Public golf course located in Casselberry features 1, 18, par 69 course designed by Lloyd Clifton, Paul McClure. The course opened in 1947 and is one of the oldest golf courses in Florida. The fairways are lined with trees and water comes into play on twelve holes.
- Twin Rivers Golf Club - This Semi-Private golf course located in Oviedo features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Joe Lee. The course meanders through palmetto groves, towering oak trees, and thick underbrush, which all add to its scenic atmosphere but also to its difficulty.
- Tuscawilla Golf and Country Club - This Private golf course located in Winter Springs features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Joe Lee. The course is laid out over gently rolling terrain through a backdrop of old trees draped with Spanish moss. Featuring four sets of tees, this traditional Florida layout, which opened in 1972, is deceptively difficult from the back tees.
- Wekiva Golf Club - This Semi-Private golf course located in Longwood features 1, 18, par 72 course designed by Ron Garl, Ward Northrup. The course fairways lined with towering trees and a gently undulating terrain. The greens roll smooth and fast and they are often well guarded by heavy bunkering. Water hazards also come into play throughout the golf course.
Click the pins below for information on each Seminole County area golf club listed:
*Please note: The inclusion of businesses, individuals, groups, associations and links listed on this site does not imply endorsement by site owner. We make not endorsement, express or implied, of any businesses, individuals, groups, associations or links to or from this site. We are not responsible for the content or activities of any linked sites.